Pam has presented a wide range of other programming, such as:
• LIFESTYLE TELEVISION - her own daily interview programme for two years.
• RADIO 2 - she regularly stood in for Debbie Thrower on the lunchtime music and chat programme on Radio 2, plus many weeks of presenting GOOD MORNING SUNDAY, as well as other one-off programmes including Christmas Morning.
• LONDON WEEKEND TELEVISION - live presentation announcing, a role she won even though the advertisement attracted 6000 applicants.
• THAMES TELEVISION - presenter of THE WORLD AROUND US School Series; STAR GAMES co-presenting with Michael Aspel; WHEELS, ITV's equivalent of TOP GEAR, plus other one-off productions.
• BRITISH FORCES BROADCASTING TELEVISION - presentation announcing and interviewer on programmes transmitted to British forces in Germany.
• BBC TELEVISION - MERRY-GO-ROUND schools series; HURDY GURDY arts series for BBC Birmingham. 'SONGS OF PRAISE' the familiar face of this world-wide series for more than twenty years.
• PREMIER RADIO - presenter and producer of own radio weekly radio programme for eight years.
Pam's Skills include:
• PRESENTING - with thirty years of presenting experience, Pam is recognised as one of the most professional and reliable presenters on mainstream television today. She has fronted countless live productions, including complicated Outside Broadcast links around the world. She has an almost photographic memory for words, and prefers to work without autocue, even on live programmes.
• INTERVIEWING - Pam brings her journalistic background to her role as an interviewer, but in addition, because of her years on SONGS OF PRAISE, she has become known as an incisive and empathetic interviewer, especially when people are speaking about sensitive, perhaps traumatic experiences. High profile interviewees range from The Pope, Dr. Christian Barnard, Sir James Galway, Jackie Collins, Marcel Marceau, Chris Rea, Sir Ian McKellern, Sting, Sir Cliff Richard, Roald Dahl, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sir Tim Rice, Rosemary Conley, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, members of the Royal Family, politicians, archbishops - and Dolly Parton! However, they are a small percentage of the thousands of people she has interviewed both on radio and television over the years.
• NEWS - Pam's first job was as part of the production team on Thames Television's live evening news programme, TODAY. She then moved on to become Programme Organiser on THIS WEEK, ITV's flagship weekly documentary series. Once she stepped in front of the camera, Pam continued to work in news, and was not only the studio presenter and interviewer for the live evening news programme ABOUT ANGLIA, but also worked extensively as a news reporter. In addition, she regularly read the ITN news headlines and weather on LONDON WEEKEND TELEVISION.
• WRITING - Pam writes all her own scripts - as well as often being called in to write scripts for others! She is also the author of five mainstream novels and six factual books, working for publishers of the calibre of HODDER AND STOUGHTON and MACMILLAN.
• ARTICLE AND SHORT STORY WRITING - Pam is often commissioned to write for national and local newspapers and magazines. She has written two articles for The Daily Mail within the last three months, plus other articles in CHOICE and MY WEEKLY magazines. She has had many short stories published in magazines like WOMAN'S WEEKLY, with one shortly to appear in PEOPLE'S FRIEND - with a variety of stories and articles in a range of other specialist or television publications.
• PUBLIC SPEAKING, CONFERENCES, SPEECHES - Pam is a professional speaker, often asked to chair conferences or discussion groups, as well as public speaking on specialist subjects ranging from the impact of a death in a family for a gathering of undertakers - to the welfare of Army personnel, their wives and children at The Army Families Federation Conference - or a prize-giving to medical staff at NHS Hospitals! She usually has at least four speaking engagements a month for audiences numbering from a handful to several thousand - and groups who invite her include The Women's Institute, University of the Third Age, Rotary, Lion, Luncheon Clubs and fund-raising events. She also presents events on behalf of charities in which she has an official role, such as patron - like Keech Cottage Children's Hospice, Livability, MHA Group providing housing for the elderly, Christian Aid and The British Legion.
• COMPERING CONCERTS - having compered prestigious television musical occasions in major concert halls around the world in venues such as The Golden Hall in Vienna, the Sydney Opera House or The Royal Albert Hall in London, Pam is often asked to compere large orchestral or musical events at symphony halls and theatres around the country.